9.21.2005

At the Fair

Ferris Wheel
Sights and Lights at the Fair
Well, the Puyallup Fair's been going on for a while, and we just went this past weekend (on Sat. and again on Monday - the ride braceletes weren't for sale on the weekend, and we'd promised the kids rides - at $17.50 for a bracelet, that's less than 5 rides-worth [$4 just for a kiddie ride??? That's insane!!] so it pays for itself pretty quick.)

It was alot of fun. Saturday we just walked around mostly. We looked at the animals, and I took the kids in the petting area. There were pygmy goats (whose coats are extremely soft!!!) and sheep, and a little tiny baby bunny only 2 (or was it 6? I don't remember ;) weeks old. So soft you could barely feel it. So sweet. My 2yr old loved it. We took them on one ride each that day; Greg went on the bears (you sit inside them and they spin... I get all nauseated nowadays on those - after being pregnant with my oldest girl, my equilibrium seems all messed up - I can't even swing on swings for very long!) with our oldest girl, and I went on the swings with the son. Gregoreo (my nickname for the hubs) took the kids on the train - it winds around the kiddie area, and goes thru a short tunnel - the kids absolutely loved it! He took some great shots too, but I've yet to upload them... will soon. He was reluctant to take them (he's not big on non-thrill rides) but I convinced him that their enjoyment of it would be the rewarding part... and when they came back, he had a big ol' smile on his face and said that he'd had fun. I was so glad.

So Monday was a rough day in general, but we did have fun at the fair. 'Specially the kids. The 2yr old went down the Giant slide for the first time (in between my legs of course - you can't hold them on your lap; it's a safety issue) and the son went down by himself for the first time. What a big boy he's getting to be! Almost 7yrs old... and over 4ft tall!! I got to take them on the train that night (I'd gotten a bracelet too - Greg wanted me to rather than him... he had fun with the baby though :) and the kids went on all sorts of other stuff. Near the end of the night, Bryant reeeeally wanted to go on the huge Ferris Wheel; pictured here. He's asked to go every year - and so this time we actually got to go! I'm not fond of big slow-moving high rides that you're not exactly strapped into (this one you sit in a basket that hangs underneath the arm) - I prefer fast high scary thrill rides (the scary part is tolerable because you're strapped in and it moves so fast you don't really have time to ponder how high you really are - except at the beginning... whereas the slow ones are scary because you know exactly how high you are the entire time)

Bryant loved it though... and after a minute or two I enjoyed it as well. I'm really glad for him that he got to go... :)

After that, we ran to the swings before the bracelet expired, and flew around in the cold night air... then found my hubs and the girls - and went home. Fun, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment