1.29.2009

My 9 in '09


Originally uploaded by FlyButtafly

On flickr, there's a meme going around where you tag someone and then that person lists 9 things about him/herself and posts it with a photo. Here's mine:

1. I am a total introvert. In social situations, I am the last person to go up to someone I don't know and start a conversation. Even if I knew someone, unless we were good friends it's a good bet I would wait for them to notice me before saying hello.

2. I love being onstage. I could live my entire life in a theater and be perfectly happy.

3. I hate preppy and love punk. Yet I married a man who was voted "best dressed" in high school and had no tatts or piercings when I met him. (He now has one tatt I bought him for our anniversary.) I also swore I'd never marry a submariner. Guess what? ;) Love does strange things.

4. I can't stand cheerleaders. 'Nuff said.

5. I am hopelessly addicted to coffee, and am extremely particular when it comes to espresso drinks. I especially love white chocolate mochas (not too sweet) with peppermint or coconut.

6. I am a Jelly Belly connoisseur. I have tried nearly every flavor they've made since I was a kid (except for the Harry Potter Bertie Botts ones) and I don't need some little booklet to tell me which flavor is which. ;) My favorites are cream soda, strawberry daquiri, tangerine, and Dr. Pepper. I don't like bubble gum (or the ones with similar flavor), peach, or pear.

7. I am frequently pre-judged by my outward appearance. Apparently, having pink hair and facial piercings automatically makes me an ultra-left wing radical liberal (nothing could be further from the truth). Or just a freak. Either way, when people get to know me, they tell me I'm completely different than what they assumed.

8. I rarely wear matching socks. On purpose. :)

9. I love India. I'd live there in a heartbeat. I love the people (some of the most generous and warm people I've ever met), the clothes (what gorgeous colors and fabrics! And sarees are so beautiful), and the food. Especially naan, masala balls (like Cheetos Cheese balls but spicy instead of cheesy), murgh tari, samosas, black tea with milk and sugar... and ice cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment