1.22.2009

America's Holocaust

America's Holocaust
Originally uploaded by FlyButtafly

Today is the 36th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision making abortion legal for any reason, even as a method of birth control.

Since that ruling, over 50 million babies have been aborted.

Most people who claim the "pro-choice" moniker have no idea how the modern abortion movement started. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a virulent racist and radical feminist who believed in eugenics, and promoted abortion as a way to reduce the "unfit" and "bad strains" of our population. Many in the Planned Parenthood organization are more than willing to continue her legacy. Even the medical community still practices a form of eugenics when they recommend abortion for children with Down's Syndrome.

Why does this barbaric and dangerous practice continue, in a supposedly civilized society, when it is so traumatic and there are so many other options? I believe ignorance and fear are the two biggest reasons. But it doesn't have to be that way.

I had a teen pregnancy, too. But I made the decision to keep my child. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I couldn't imagine my life without him. He's 10 years old now, and is such a blessing.

I will continue to stand up for the rights of the unborn, and to educate people about the truth as long as abortion is an accepted and tolerated practice. They have the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness, too. But it means nothing if they don't first get their right to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment