1.06.2005

My Niners Suck! -or- Down With Dennis!

So I don't know how many 49er fans there are, but I used to be the "Die Hardest" of them all... at least that's what I thought. I mean, I'm a very loyal person. I've stuck with the SF Giants through the years, never losing faith in them, and you know I was ecstatic when they made it to the World Series a few years back. Finally a chance to show the world that the whole '89 series loss was a fluke, you know, being flustered from the earthquake and all. (I was there when it happened too, right on the Bay Bridge!!)
And you know, even living in a completely different state, where I hardly get to see my teams play, I still stuck by them, loved them, cheered them on (Not a cheerleader... I can't stand cheerleaders... ok anywayz), and wore their "stuff". Borrowed my son's Terrell Owens jersey (hey, it fit!) to see the niners play the Seahawks (yuk)... and for a while, even when they kept going downhill, I didn't give up. Hey, they were my team!!!
Now, call me ignorant or whatever, but remember I don't get much news about my team up here in WA... but when I found out at the beginning of this season who exactly the Niners head coach was.... Remember how the seahawks used to totally suck? Like hardcore? My husband calls them the seachickens... anyways, so who do they have - Mike Holmgren, of course, and who did he USED to be with? My Niners. Just on a sidenote, how many Niners have eventually ended up here? Merton Hanks, now Jerry Rice, and I'm too tired right now to think of others but I know there were more. Back to the point... I don't remember a seahawk ever going to SF. Who used to coach Seattle when they sucked hardcore??? Who sucks hardcore now??? Think there could be a parallel??? My big question is, WHAT THE HECK IS DENNIS ERICKSON DOING IN SF??? Until they get rid of him, I have given up on the niners. I have been disenfranchised!!! They need to disenfranchise the big loser! I mean, really, what possessed whoever to hire the worst NFL coach in recent (and possibly not so recent) history??? Am I alone in thinking this? *sigh, for the good ol' days of George Seifert (I hope I spelled that right), and Steve Mariucci (I hope I spelled that right too). I am despondent. They were dead last this year. Surprise surprise. All I can say is, I hope they get their heads back where they belong, and do something different next year (I mean the front office). I just honestly can't believe it. They coulda' been contenders...

No comments:

Post a Comment