10.09.2007

Wish I Could Be There With You...




For my husband:

This time it's a little harder than it usually is. This time, you're in my old stomping grounds, and I'm not there to share it with you. You floated in through the Gate, underneath that great golden bridge, and into the Bay where I spent some of the most formative years of my life. But I wasn't there to see it. You sailed right past my old home where I had so many different experiences - being in a major earthquake, watching my dad sail by on his way to sea and Somalia, and much more ... but today I wasn't there to wave as you passed.

And when you tied up at the pier, just a few streets down from my favorite place to go as a kid, I wasn't there to greet you.

Many others will get to see you; they will walk around with you inside your ship, see the inner workings of where you spend most of your waking hours, and learn about the day-to-day life of a Navy Sailor. But I won't be in the crowd listening to you speak.

I will be here at home, doing what I do. Loving you, praying for you, taking care of the kids and house, and waiting for you to come home. And wishing I could be there with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment