5.15.2007

Bye, JPG!


Bye, JPG!
Originally uploaded by FlyButtafly.
Recently, JPG Magazine went through an overhaul. Apparently, Paul, one of the partners at JPGmag, decided to abandon what made it so successful to begin with - along with the magazine's founders Derek and Heather, and the first 6 issues - and rewrote (or more appropriately, erased) the history of the magazine.

I think it's galling, and I can not conceive any rational reason for doing so. There are so many people who've been a part of it from the beginning, and completely disregarding and dishonoring those of us who contributed and were part of a once-great community is going to do nothing but harm the magazine we loved. Good bye JPG, sorry to see you do this to yourself. But if this is how you wanna play, then good riddance.

The real story of JPG
Heather's post
What the 'About' page used to say
The new 'About' page
8020 Publishing's post

I'm just thankful I was able to be a part of the group and magazine way back when - before it decided to sacrifice its parents and feed on itself. I even had a photo published in issue 6, "Oops!" - before they switched gears and went downhill. I guess all I have to say now, is Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment